Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cream for winter

fair--lovely-winter-cream1We belong to an age where dark beauties sizzle on screen, and fake tanner is sold by the millions in the U.S. so that lighter-skinned ladies can achieve the bronzed glow most of us were born with. The whole world is trying to go darker, yet our society is still hung up on how to become just a few shades paler through skin lightening products (you’d be shocked at the amount of such creams available in Asian markets). Personally, I did not grow up with the Persian genes of a fair, creamy complexion and ash brown hair that the rest of the women in my family were blessed with, and that is absolutely fine by me. When the weather turns warm, I am the first one out in the sun with the agenda of further tanning my skin, while many of my counterparts in the Subcontinent shield themselves by hiding in their homes. And when I actually do get married (hopefully to someone a little more open-minded than my presumptuous suitor of two years ago), I aim to closely resemble glowing complexion.

 
So we had a man write in with his favourite beauty product. His favourite is the Nivea For Men Revitalizing Body Lotion. 
 
        “The best mens moisturizer out there that doesn’t smell like fruits or flowers.”

So now you have it ladies. If your hubby is anti-feminine body creams but needs some moisture this should do it.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment